When a friend or family member needs extended care in a skilled nursing environment, also known as SNF, the security of knowing they will receive the best care possible is vital. As a long-term and short-term skilled nursing center with no entrance fee, The Buckingham is among the best in Houston, where residents always come first. Our CMS 5-Star rating provides you and your loved ones the assurance of knowing that when it comes to skilled nursing residents, there is no higher priority than their continued health and well-being.
Programs that enhance life
Residents in The Buckingham’s long-term skilled nursing community enjoy engaging and enriching programming that contributes to a healthier and happier life. Staying active and stimulated provides a sense of purpose, which is something we all need regardless of age or abilities. For a deeper look at what sets our skilled nursing services apart from other Houston providers, complete the contact form on this page.
Residents enjoy exceptional accommodations such as:
- Large private rooms with private bath, shower, closets and furniture (but residents are welcome to customize with their own furniture should they choose)
- Stimulating and meaningful activities to promote social engagement
- Extensive chef-prepared menus, including the provisions for therapeutic diets
- On-site beauty salon, activity space, living area, dining room
- Beautifully landscaped outdoor area
- Private areas for family and friends to visit
- Transportation for scheduled medical appointments and activities
- Aspyre – our unique wellness program that includes physical and social programs
On-site specialized care and therapy
Each resident’s health needs, as well as their personal needs and aspirations, are the focus of skilled nursing care. At The Buckingham, you’ll find:
- A dedicated Medical Director, Board Certified in Internal Medicine specializing in Geriatrics
- On-site registered nurses 24 hours every day
- Restorative programs to maintain functional abilities and promote activity
- On-site rehabilitative services (speech, occupational and physical therapy)
- 24-hour emergency response system
- Medication management and medical supply procurement
- Licensed on-staff dietician to review and meet dietary needs
- Licensed social services for care advocacy with support resources for both families and residents
- Hospice care
Understanding the cost of skilled nursing care
While long-term SNF costs can seem daunting, the peace of mind that comes with knowing your friend or family member is being cared for by the best team available is priceless. With no entrance fee requirement, residents often use long-term care insurance policies to offset the cost of skilled care. You may be surprised at the affordability of skilled nursing care at The Buckingham compared to the high cost of in-home private nurses, home maintenance expenses, and utility and food expenses that come with maintaining a private residence.
To learn more about the cost of skilled nursing care at The Buckingham, visit our pricing page.
AN INSIDE LOOK TO OUR DINING EXPERIENCE.
Take a closer look at our sample menu for an insight into the exquisite dining at The Buckingham.
Exceptional on-site health care services with people you know and trust
Going Above & Beyond to Keep Families Connected
Uniquely Engaged in Your Health & Happiness
Frequently Asked Skilled Nursing Home Questions
When is skilled nursing necessary?
Skilled nursing is appropriate for people with medical needs requiring the specialized care delivered by round-the-clock licensed nurses and therapists. Most often, candidates for long-term skilled nursing have an ongoing health condition or permanent disability. They may be affected by chronic illness or the natural symptoms of advanced age.
Are there enrichment opportunities for skilled nursing residents?
Absolutely. Just like our independent living, assisted living and memory care residents, skilled nursing residents can choose from a full calendar of interesting and stimulating opportunities, including cultural and social events. Custom programs at The Buckingham encourage maximum interaction and engagement while respecting privacy and preserving dignity.
Is short-term skilled nursing available at The Buckingham?
Yes. Short-term skilled nursing or rehabilitation is available for those recovering from illness, injury, surgery or stroke who need intensive therapy and care to gain optimal well-being and health.
Will Medicare pay for skilled nursing?
With a qualifying hospital stay, Medicare typically covers days 1-20 of skilled nursing and rehabilitation. A Medicare-set daily coinsurance rate will be assessed for days 21-100. Medicare payment rules are very stringent and vary depending on a number of factors. Your out-of-pocket expense may vary based on any additional supplemental insurance coverage you may have. Visit https://www.medicare.gov/coverage/skilled-nursing-facility-care.html for more details.
Take a tour of our community and schedule an appointment to meet with our team to learn more about skilled nursing advantages at The Buckingham.