The Buckingham’s memory care community is designed to encourage connection, engagement and total well-being for individuals with Alzheimer’s, dementia and other cognitive challenges. We believe that celebrating each individual’s unique personality, story and life experiences are vital to strengthen and enhance purpose, meaning and joy.
Here at our Houston senior living community, every memory care resident’s individual personality is valued. Life histories, emotions and preferences are respected and honored. And the many activities planned by our team members promote wellness, stimulation, entertainment and encouragement.
Memory support residents enjoy a home-like environment in a secure neighborhood setting, as well as the added comfort of a private apartment home. Planned group events and individual activities are offered around-the-clock to maintain a familiar atmosphere, and encourage residents to participate in engaging social conversations.
We never forget that each person in our care is unique and we customize a care plan to enhance every resident’s physical, emotional and social well-being. Our team members, respectful and compassionate, encourage residents to make their own choices, whenever possible.
- Predictable monthly fees with no entrance fee
- Spacious private residences in a secure setting
- A calm, comfortable environment
- Staff members trained to work with individuals with Alzheimer’s or other forms of dementia/memory loss
- Landmarks for Living: Comprehensive program of individualized care for memory support residents that enables them to live to their fullest potential
- Music & Memory®: A national initiative that uses custom, personally curated playlists to enliven resident spirits and tap into deep, heartfelt memories
- Full-time lifestyle coordinator
- 24-hour supervised care in a customized environment
- Medication monitoring and administration
- Three chef-prepared meals daily
- Grind Dining™: Consists of classic meals with all the same ingredients to be enjoyed without utensils
- Daily housekeeping and bed-making
- Personal laundry service available
- All utilities included (except telephone)
- Interior and exterior maintenance
- Common spaces designed to encourage socialization and relaxation
- Enclosed courtyard for walking and gardening
- Full-service, on-site beauty salon
- Living and activity rooms
- Multipurpose room
People Making A Difference
Frequently Asked Questions
How is memory care different from assisted living?
While assisted living does offer specialized support for residents, memory care at The Buckingham is intentionally designed for the unique needs of those with Alzheimer’s or other forms of dementia. Specially trained professionals work hand in hand with residents and their family members to create familiar schedules and surroundings. Each suite and every shared space has been thoughtfully created to reduce confusion and provide complete security around-the-clock. All in a gracious environment that promotes purpose and celebrates each individual’s life experience.
What kind of support does memory care provide?
At The Buckingham, memory care is tailored to the individual, and includes specialized therapies, programs and services designed to improve daily living for those living with Alzheimer’s or other forms of dementia.
Is the staffing different with memory care?
Yes. Residents are supported around-the-clock by licensed professionals who are highly trained in caring for those with memory loss. Each team member brings a passion for providing dignified, respectful care. Their compassionate nature and dedication to serving those with memory loss create a comfortable, nurturing environment for residents and their families.
What if my loved one needs memory care as well as other assistance?
If your loved one’s needs change, as Houston’s premier Life Care community, we’re fully equipped to seamlessly enhance the level of care. It’s part of our commitment to serve residents and their families at the highest level. In addition to memory care, we also offer assisted living, independent living, skilled nursing and rehabilitation care options.
Does insurance cover or pay for memory care?
Long-term care insurance may in some cases assist in paying for care. There may also be possible life insurance conversion benefits and veterans benefits available.