Peace of Mind for Families of Seniors Experiencing Memory Loss
For families facing the journey of Alzheimer’s disease, dementia, and other cognitive impairments, the highest priority is knowing that a memory care community offers the ultimate in safety, respect, and support for their family member.
With The Buckingham’s specialized programs that encourage connection and social engagement with an emphasis on total well-being. Families can trust that their loved one is receiving the best care in a safe and secure environment.
The memory care neighborhood at The Buckingham includes private one-bedroom suites in addition to warm and welcoming living and dining areas with around-the-clock care.
Celebrating Each Person with Personalized Care
We take a person-centric approach to memory support, where each individual’s personality is valued. Life histories, emotions and preferences are respected and honored. Unique programming led by team members promote wellness, stimulation, entertainment and encouragement.
Our highly trained team doesn’t just provide all the assistance residents need; they’re trained to bring comfort and a sense of confidence to each and every moment by staying focused on what residents can do, never what they cannot.
The core of our memory care community is centering the unique needs of each person. We encourage everyone to make their own choices and decisions whenever possible. Though no two days may look alike, we strive to find joy in each one.
A Tool for Your Memory Care Journey
Researching and touring memory care communities to find the best match for your needs is a big responsibility that can feel overwhelming. To help you navigate the process and make the best decision, we created a guidebook to help you keep track and compare the options available. Download it now.
Compassionate Care Meets Extraordinary Standards
The Buckingham’s approach to memory care features custom programs and expansive spaces for residents living with Alzheimer’s disease, dementia, and other cognitive impairments. It is our wide range of carefully designed amenities that truly set us apart:
- Predictable monthly fees with no entrance fee
- Spacious and welcoming private residences in a secure setting
- Highly trained team specializing in memory support
- Access to higher levels of medical care plus help with daily living tasks
- Landmarks for Living: comprehensive program of individualized care for residents living with memory loss, enabling them to live to their fullest potential
- Music & Memory®: a national initiative using custom, personally curated playlists to enliven resident spirits and tap into deep, heartfelt memories
- iN2L (It’s Never Too Late) technology to enrich lives through connection
- Full-time lifestyle coordinator to support a variety of enriching programming and engagement
- 24-hour supervised care in a customized environment
- Medication monitoring and administration
- Three chef-prepared meals daily
- Daily housekeeping and linen service
- Personal laundry service available
- All utilities included (except telephone)
- Interior and exterior maintenance
- Common spaces designed to encourage socialization and relaxation
- Enclosed courtyard for walking and gardening
- Full-service, on-site beauty salon to support a relaxing lifestyle
- Dedicated spaces for dining, socializing, relaxing, and activities
AN INSIDE LOOK TO OUR DINING EXPERIENCE.
Take a closer look at our sample menu for an insight into the exquisite dining at The Buckingham.
Making A Difference
Gain an insight into The Buckingham's memory support community
Frequently Asked Memory Care Questions
How does memory support differ from assisted living?
While assisted living offers specialized support for residents, memory support at The Buckingham is intentionally designed for the unique needs of those living with Alzheimer’s, dementia, or other forms of cognitive impairment. Specially trained professionals work in collaboration with residents and their family members to create familiar schedules and surroundings. Each suite and every shared space has been thoughtfully created to foster comfort and routine and provide complete security around-the-clock.
What kind of care does memory support provide?
Care is tailored to the individual and includes specialized therapies, programs and services designed to improve daily living for those living with Alzheimer’s or other forms of dementia.
How is the staffing different with memory support?
Residents are supported around-the-clock by licensed professionals who are extensively trained in caring for those in need of memory support. Each team member brings a passion for providing dignified, respectful and compassionate care.
What if my loved one needs other assistance in addition to memory support?
As part of our commitment to serve residents and their families at the highest level, if your family member needs additional services, we’re fully equipped to seamlessly enhance the level of care. As Houston’s premier Life Care community, our focus is on comfort and continuity, even as needs change and evolve.
Is memory support covered by medical insurance?
Each insurance plan is different and should be reviewed. Long-term care insurance may be able to assist in paying for care. There may also be possible life insurance conversion benefits and veterans benefits available.